We compiled the top 10 websites to plan and enjoy the best trip to Paris in 2016 from a local perspective.
Paris, the city of lights, has so much to offer in terms of culture, food, wine, and shopping that it can seem overwhelming when planing your trip to Paris. On one hand, you want to experience Paris as a local and on the other you don’t want to miss the Parisian landmarks.
Here is our list of the top 10 websites to help you plan your trip & live your 2016 Parisian experience:
Food & Drinks (the most important)
“Une bouteille de Pinot Noir s’il vous plaît.”
- Description: Trendy restaurants in Paris, reviewed and explained by the staff. Also shows a picture of a the actual bill for you to have a precise idea of what you will pay. Bonus, they also cover stylish boutique hotels and B&Bs in Paris.
- Website: http://lefooding.com/en
- Description: Wondering what to do in Paris this week? Time Out has you covered. With guides for some of the world’s best cities, Time Out’s Paris guide give you the latest information on theatre, restaurants, bars, movies, shopping, events, activities, things to do, music, clubs, dance and nightlife.
- Website: http://www.timeout.com/paris/en
- Description: A guide to food & wine in Paris, France including reviews of restaurants, bistros, wine bars, bakeries & shops selling cheese, wine, pastry, chocolate…
- Website: http://parisbymouth.com/
- Description: Trina has lived in Paris for the past 3 years . She has put together a very easy-to-use Google Map showing her favorite places around the city. For each landmark, you will find great places to eat or drink around the corner that you wouldn’t have found otherwise.
- Website: http://bit.ly/1S6ug6F
“Excusez-moi, où est le musée du Louvre?”
- Description: The public transport company for Paris. Use their site to view the map of all the metro lines. You can also use Google Maps which will already pull all the metro information for you – much faster.
- Website: http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_5000/accueil/
- Description: Pretty sure you already know it, the controversial private chauffeur service on demand. Uber is worth mentioning for those wondering if you can use your Uber app in Paris. If you use it at home, nothing changes – you can use it here as well!
- Website: https://www.uber.com/
Speaking like a local:
“Bonjour, une baguette s’il vous plait.”
- Description: Benny Lewis, an Irish polyglot & best selling author, put together resources for learning French. His blog has some of the best resources to learn many hacks to accelerate you language learning just before you head off to Paris.
- Website: http://www.fluentin3months.com/french-learning-resources/
- Description: Duolingo is THE BEST app to learn a language in a fun an innovative way. This game-like app has convinced millions of people around the world, including Barack Obama.
- Website: https://en.duolingo.com/
Paris Lifestyle, trends & tips:
“Où sont les macarons?”
- Description: My Little Paris, is a blog, all in French (sorry) helping you discover new trending addresses in Paris. The founder’s sketches, whose style you might have seen already, is what made my little Paris so Popular. Sign up to their newsletter to discover new addresses in Paris, even if you don’t speak French, look at the image and pick up the address!
- Website: http://www.mylittleparis.com/
- Description: Carin, the blogger, planned to move to Paris for 4 months which she did, but after that she came back and stayed for good. Discover her journey and the places she recommends/discovers in Paris. Paris in Four Months started out as a website where experiences were shared with family and friends but turned out to be much more as time passed by. Today Carin is based in Paris where she works with her blog and as a photographer, focusing mainly on fashion.
- Website: http://parisinfourmonths.com/
We kept the list small and did not cover the main touristic attractions which are super easy to find info on.
Don’t hesitate to share more great resources in the comments section.
While you’re planing your trip to Paris, take a look at our professional Paris photographers, it might inspire you to go to new places or even better, book a photoshoot in Paris (here is the guide to the best photo shoot in Paris).