Whether you have been to Rome before or not, a photo shoot in Rome gives you the unique opportunity to capture your memories created in Rome.
Let’s explore the most important steps to organising the best photo session in Rome. We’ll discuss how to reserve your photographer in Rome, how to prepare for your photo shoot, what you should do on that day and what to expect after your photo session in Rome, Italy.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR ROME PHOTOGRAPHER
We built KYMA to make the process of booking your photographer in Rome the easiest and most secure in the world. Before you start keep in mind that each photographer has his own style and also prices and the choice you will make should be motivated by the belief that your photographer’s style matches your taste more than your wallet – remember you are investing in timeless memories! With that in mind here is how to hire the right photographer in Rome:
- Browse through the available couples photographers in Rome (engagements, love, proposals, pre-weddings) or family photographers in Rome on KYMA.
- Discover each photographer’s portfolio and read more about their personal story on their profile page.
- Check each photographer’s proposed packages.
- Save your favorite photographer to short list and pick the winner.
- Send the photographer in Rome your photo shoot booking request (use the booking widget on your favorite photographer’s KYMA profile page). You will be asked for the date/time and the package you chose. Fear not, you can always adjust the time later with your photographer. The system will also ask you for your payment information in order to secure the date with the photographer.
- Within 48hours your photographer will have confirmed the photo shoot in Rome and you will be ready to jump to the second step!
HOW TO PREPARE & ORGANISE FOR YOUR ROME PHOTO SHOOT
Once you have booked you photographer in Rome it is time to prepare for the photo shoot. It is fairly simple and your photographer in Rome will greatly help you in the process. Here is what you will need to decide on and plan in advance:
What is the best location for your photo shoot in Rome?
Rome is an ancient city and each street corner is absolutely a pleasure to be photographed in. That being said each photographer in Rome have their favorites location. Here are a few of the most popular spots for your session:
- CASTEL S. ANGELO
- VIA DELLA CONCILIATION
- S. PIETRO
- TERRAZZO CAFFARELLI
- FORI IMPERIALI
- GIARDINO DELI ARANCI
- SANTA SABINA’S PORTICO
- ISOLA TIBERINA
- SPANISH STEPS
- FONTANA DI TREVI
We highly suggest you read that specific article: The 5 best places for a photo shoot in Rome that includes detailed information on the best time to shoot and tips for each place.
Date & Time of your Rome photo shoot
When sending your booking request you usually choose your preferred time and date. Fear not, you can always update that after, depending on the places you will go to for your photo shoot in Rome. Some spots are better at sunrise and others at sunset. If you need to change the date or time you can do so from your personal dashboard on KYMA.
Note that usually the best times are sunrise, sunset and nighttime.
Sunrise: Perfect for being alone with the ancient city and getting that soft natural light.
Sunset: You will appreciate the incredible sky, the warm light contrasting on the old ancient buildings.
How to dress for your Rome photo shoot?
Regarding the outfits, it is recommended to go with solid colours or very simple patterns (it looks better when photographed). But remember, it is your photo shoot and your personality should shine through – so don’t hesitate to let yourself go and be creative!
Overall this is our guideline:
- For Mr, usually a suit or a dress more sport/ chic.
- For Ms, a dress or formal/cocktail dress with heels (you could have flat shoes for walking around between the shots).
- Clothes in which you feel comfortable and attractive.
- Clothes you would be happy to see yourself in in 25 years.
- If it gets cold bring a nice & warm coat with a scarf. You might want to remove it for some pictures which is fine.
Should you bring accessories to your photo shoot in Rome?
It really depends on you! Remember this is your photo shoot in Rome, you want to make it as personal as possible! Feel free to bring an object that means a lot to you or something that shows your love.
A lot of people also like to bring props like balloons, big hearts etc… this is really up to you. Photographers agree that props are usually a good addition to inject some fun in the shoot.
How to move around Rome during your photo session?
We’ve all heard about the crazy drivers in Rome! Well the best transport around Rome is usually by foot. Your photographer in Rome will create an itinerary with you that allows you to walk to every location. Overall walking is the easiest. If your next shooting location is a bit of a stretch by foot you can either get an Uber/Taxi or during rush hour, take the public transportation if faster.
What if it rains the day of your Rome photo shoot?
Thankfully on KYMA you can modify the date and time of your photo shoot as long as your photographer is happy to. As for the rain, it might sound scary but we’ve seen some of the best photos ever created under heavy rain. It usually brings up a lot of emotions during your photo shoot – good ones don’t worry!
Photo Shoot Day – WHAT TO DO ?
D-day has arrived! Here is your “do not forget” list for before the photo shoot in Rome:
- Leave your most important belongings at your hotel. Take the minimum with you: some cash (or your card), your phone and the card of your hotel. Leave the wallet / purse / backpack at the hotel. Don’t risk loosing it / getting it stolen during the shoot (sadly a lot of pickpockets operate in Rome).
- Take a screenshot of the photo shoot reminder email and carry it on your phone. (You will have to give the photographer the payment code mentioned inside).
- For Ms, make sure to bring shoes easy to walk around with as an extra pair.
- Take a look at the weather forecast before you go. Adding a few layers that can be removed for the photos can really enhance your experience (not being cold is great!).
- Don’t meet your Rome photographer on an empty stomach. Eat something before – being hungry is a mood killer!
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the photo shoot start time.
Quick tip, for experiencing the best photo shoot in Rome: creating magical souvenirs comes from having a good chemistry with your photographer. It is important that you understand that you are here to have fun and capture the real You – your photographer can only do so much on his own. Make sure you’re letting lose and having fun with your loved ones during the shoot to help your photographer in Rome create those amazing pictures. Forget about the rest of the world! Your Rome photographer will help you by posing you and suggesting what looks best for the camera but the one thing that a photographer cannot do is force your inner self to connect with your loved one and enjoy the moment.
AFTER YOUR ROME PHOTOSHOOT
Once your photo shoot in Rome is over you will – most likely – be dying to see the results!
Receiving the pictures of your session:
Your Rome photographer will deliver the pictures once they are ready usually via an online private gallery. Each photographer has his own method of distribution but overall they will all send you a link with the pictures to view / download. You will receive the number of images mentioned in the package that you chose.
KYMA has been built to help you find and book the best photographer in Rome and around the world simply and securely. Our verified reviews system helps people choose the right photographer and get feedbacks from previous clients. After your session it is your turn to help others make the right choice. Leave a review to your photographer to let others know what to expect. We will email to leave a review your Rome photographer within the next 2 weeks. Don’t skip this step it is essential for helping your photographer grow his business the right way and helping others choosing a great photographer in Rome.
FAQ / Read More
- 5 Best places for a photo shoot in Rome with your photographer
- 10 Things to Check Before hiring your Photographer in Rome
- How much does a Rome photo shoot really cost?
- Rome Photo shoot examples from past clients
- Client FAQ
- Family photographer in Rome
- Couples photographer in Rome
- Book your family photo shoot in Rome
- Book your couples photo shoot in Rome
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
The first step is for you to identify the photographer in Rome you want to work with for your Rome photo shoot via the search page. Review their profile, portfolio and reviews from past client to help make your decision.
WHY SHOULD I USE KYMA TO BOOK MY PHOTOGRAPHER?
KYMA provides a safe and secure way for you to book a photo shoot in Rome and pay your photographer in Rome. On top of this, we at KYMA believe in giving back to the world. KYMA donates 1% of each booking price to charity. Read more about it.
HOW DO I BOOK MY PHOTOGRAPHER IN ROME?
You will pay securely through the KYMA platform. Stripe helps KYMA provide a seamless payment experience for you. You can pay with VISA, MasterCard & American Express. All payments are secured and in case of cancellation you will be refunded according to the applicable cancellation policy for the photoshoot package you choose.
ARE YOUR ROME PHOTOGRAPHERS EMPLOYED BY KYMA?
All our photographers are independent professionals. We do not impose any style or price to our photographers.