What should you know before hiring a photographer in Rome?
Hiring a photographer is always very tricky, in this article we will share with you tips on hiring the best photographer in Rome
Whether it is for your next best photo shoot in Rome to capture your memories or for your next marketing campaign this article will guide you through how to find and select your photographer in Rome.
LET’S START WITH THE BEGINNING. WHERE SHOULD YOU SEARCH FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER IN ROME? YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES:
- Well intuitively in this 21st century you will be searching online for a “photographer in Rome”, from there you will have thousands of results and it will be up to you to go through the most relevant ones and browse the different photographers’ websites. Knowing that some might not even speak English that will be up to you to sort it out. Look at their portfolio and finally contact them to enquire about the photographer’s prices in Rome. The great point of doing so is that you can see extensive detail of their work. The downside of that approach is comparing them becomes very tricky and most importantly emailing them all to get their prices is super time consuming!
- Are You’re an Instagram fan? Well perfect, the social media approach is for you! Get inspired by browsing through relevant hashtags for Rome and find inspiration &photographer at the same time! That’s a great way of doing it as you will see the most recent work of photographers in Rome and get very inspired. Your next step would be to contact the photographers to enquire about prices for a shoot in Rome.
- Last option, using a photographer booking site like KYMA, it really helps to browse through the photographers available, compare their portfolios and prices – yes this is our site but hey we built everything with love here 🙂 – Not only is it practical but you can also read verified reviews from past users straight on the photographer’s profile. This method is amazing in our opinion if you don’t like sending dozens of emails to enquire about prices and want to compare photographers easily.
TOP 7 THINGS YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER IN ROME BEFORE BOOKING:
- What language? Alright keep in mind, around the world, a lot of people don’t speak English. As such we highly recommend that you make sure that your photographer in Rome speaks your language. This might be sound like a detail but it is key for a successful photo shoot in Rome.
- How consistent is the photographer’s style? Consistent style indicates experience and knowledge. Also indicates that the result you will get is very close to what you see. When looking at a photographer’s portfolio it should jump to your eyes what style he/she has. If you spot a huge mix of styles it’s usually not a great sign as it means that person is either trying to find herself or changing style. What we’re trying to say is that you should know what you’re going for with that photographer! Consistency of style is key
- Is this photographer going to guide you or leave you alone in front of the camera? Whenever you’re having a photo shoot it is important that your photographer communicates with you 24/7. To achieve the best results possible for photos in Rome. Guidance during the shoot will vary greatly during the shoot. Some photographers are very hands on and like to pose and direct you for every details whereas others are very “free” and simply let you be. It is really up to you and how you feel in front of a camera. If you know exactly how to pose/act/behave then you can afford taking a photographer that has more of photo journalistic approach. On the contrary if this is your first photo shoot, make sure the photographer likes to give direction on how to pose for the best result.
- What is the delivery time for your images? Always good to be clear on this topic not to have bad surprises further down the line if you are expecting a quick turn around. Ask or check how quickly your photographer delivers images.
- What copyright do you get with your photos? Is you photographer in Rome giving your personal or commercial rights to the images? This is something important to know if you’re looking at using those pictures for a business.
- If you are going to several photo shoot locations in Rome:
- how long does it take to go from one to the other? You don’t want your photo session time to be 70% transport time…
- How will you move from one location to the other? Set expectations, will you use a dedicated car for your photo shoot in Rome or will you use public transportation? Note that usually it is not included. You can read more on this article on how to organize your photo shoot in Rome.
- Can you change your dress during your photo shoot? It depends usually on where you will shoot and for how long, so make sure to ask your photographer if it possible or not.
HOW TO UNLOCK THE BEST KEPT SECRET SPOTS OF ROME?
When you hire a photographer in Rome, expect to discover new areas of the city or old ones under a new angle. Your photographer should be there to guide you on the best locations in Rome for a photo shoot and the best time to shoot at. It is crucial to make sure that your photographer knows the best spots in Rome to unlock amazing shots!
WHAT DO THE REVIEWS FROM PAST CLIENTS SAY ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER IN ROME?
Booking you photographer in Rome can be a bit scary if it’s your first time. We highly recommend for you to read real trusted reviews about your photographer to make sure that with his/her past clients in Paris everything went perfectly. Reading reviews also helps you grasp what style/guidance to expect during the shoot. People are usually sharing all those details in the reviews and that helps a lot.
COULD YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER IN ROME BE YOUR FRIEND?
You read correctly. When choosing your photographer in Rome it is crucial that you like his/her personality. You need to get along with your photographer to get amazing result. Having a quick call, exchanging messages or reading reviews about the photographer will quickly give you an idea of who your photographer in Rome is. Make sure you guys get along together.
HOW TO AVOID SCAMS OR BAD PHOTOGRAPHERS
We’re all afraid of paying a deposit in advance to a photographer in Rome and having the photographer never show up at the Coliseum… First know that this is very rare as photographers have their brand and reputation in line. But that being said we always recommend people to beware of offers to good to be true in Rome. One of the reason KYMA exists for example is to bring that security to people who use our platform to book their photographer. KYMA will basically reimburse you 100% if the photographer does not show up or will find you a replacement immediately. The last thing you want is sending money directly and never being able to get it back! With KYMA you’re covered
HOW MUCH DOES YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER IN PARIS COSTS?
We have a whole article on that. We highly encourage you to read it: What is the price of a photo shoot in Rome?
To make it short expect anywhere between 250€ and 600€ for an hour photo shoot in Rome. It is very similar to the prices of photographers in Paris. Prices vary mainly based on the number of images you get from your photographer, his experience and trendiness.
CAN I FIND CHEAP PHOTOGRAPHERS IN ROME OR MAYBE FREE ONES?
Maybe! Who? Simply students or wannabe photographers who want to practice their art on people. There is not definite place for finding that it comes down to word of mouth. Just a warning, don’t expect your wannabe cheap photographer in Rome to deliver the same level of results as an experienced professional photographer.
HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR ROME PHOTO SHOOT WITH YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER ?
To organize the shoot with your photographer in Rome we highly encourage you to read the best guide to the perfect photo shoot in Rome.
That wraps up this article created to help you know what to look for when searching for a photographer in Rome. There is a lot of choice available and it is important for you to understand and define what you can expect, what is important for your shoot in the Eternal City and how to approach booking your photographer.
In case you haven’t realized by now, KYMA is a booking site photographers, created to help you find and book the best photographer any around the world in seconds – all that safely and securely. You can browse through our different photographers in Paris here:
FAQ / Read More
- Complete guide to the best photo shoot in Rome
- 5 Best places for a photo shoot in Rome with your photographer
- How much does a Rome photo shoot really cost?
- Rome Photo shoot examples from past clients
- Client FAQ
- Family photographer in Rome
- Couples photographer in Rome
- Book your photographer in Rome
WHY SHOULD I USE KYMA TO BOOK MY PHOTOGRAPHER?
KYMA provides a safe and secure way for you book and pay your photographer in Paris. On top of this, we at KYMA believe in giving back to the world. KYMA donates 1% of each booking price to charity. Read more about it.